Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) on Internal Combustion (IC) Engines
Which of the following is not true for internal combustion engine as compare to external combustion engine?
- It has lower ratio of weight to output
- They are self starting
- Higher overall efficiency
- Mechanical simplicity
Heat engine uses ______ energy to produce mechanical work.
Which of the following is not an internal Combustion (IC) engine?
- Gas engine
- Wankel engine
- Jet engine
- Stirling engine
The energy of expanding gas is transferred by piston to connecting rod through
- Crank pin
- Gudgeon pin
Which of the following is not used in four stroke compression-ignition (CI) engines?
- Fuel pump
- Spark plug
- Fuel injector
- Inlet and outlet Valves
In compression ignition (CI) engine, the compression ratio is
- Cylinder volume / Clearance volume
- Swept Volume / Cylinder Volume
- Clearance volume / Cylinder volume
- Cylinder volume / Swept volume
In two stroke engine there is one power stroke in _____ of crankshaft rotation.
In four stroke engine there is one power stroke in _____ of crankshaft rotation.
The ascending order of strokes in four stroke engine is
- Suction stroke – Expansion stroke – Compression stroke – Exhaust stroke
- Suction stroke – Compression stroke – Expansion stroke –Exhaust stroke
- Suction stroke – Expansion stroke – Exhaust stroke – Compression stroke
- Suction stroke – Compression stroke – Exhaust stroke – Expansion stroke
In four stroke engine which of the following is also known as power stroke
- Suction stroke
- Compression stroke
- Expansion stroke
- Exhaust stroke