Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) on Nuclear power plants
Which of the following fuel material occurred naturally?
The function of a moderator is to
- absorb the part of the Kinetic energy of the neutrons
- extract the heat
- reflect back some of the neutrons
- start the reactor
Which of the following is not used as moderator?
- heavy water
When the control rods are inserted into the reactor, K (Multiplication factor) becomes
The function of coolant is to
- extract heat from reactor
- slow down neutrons
- control the reaction
- reflect the neutrons
Which of the following has highest moderating ratio?
The reactor performs the following function as that of _____ in a steam power plant.
- electric generator
In pressurized water reactor
- light water is used as coolant
- light water is used as coolant and moderator
- heavy water is used as coolant
- heavy water is used as coolant and moderator