1. A man is 24 years older than his son. In two years, his age will be twice the age of his son. Which one of the following is the present age of his son?
a. 14 years b. 18 years c. 20 years d. 22 years
2. The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. Which one of the following is the age of the youngest child?
a. 4 years b. 5 years c. 6 years d. 10 years
3. The average age of A and B is 25 years. If the age of C is 10 years, what is the average age of A, B and C?
a. 12.5 years b. 15 years c. 17.5 years d. 20 years
4. A father is nine times as old as his son and mother is eight times as old as the son. The sum of father and mother’s age is 51 years. What is the age of the son?
a. 7 years b. 5 years c. 4 years d. 3 years
5. A is 5 years older than B, B is thrice as old as C. Sum of the ages of A, B and C is 40 years. How old is A?
a. 10 years b. 12 years c. 15 years d. 20 years
6. The grandfather’s age is 4 years more than nine times the age of the grandson. The father’s age of 40 years is 2 years less than six times the age of his son. The age of the grandfather is:
a. 77 years b. 70 years c. 67 years d. 63 years
7. Kamla got married 6 years ago. Today her age is 5/4 times her age at the time of marriage. Her son’s age is 1/10 times her present age. What is her son’s age?
a. 2 years b. 3 years c. 4 years d. 5 years.
8. Aman is now fifteen years younger than Abdul. After six years, Abdul will be twice as old as Aman will be then. If the present age of Abdul is x years, then we have
a. x-9 = 2(x+6) b. 2(x-15) = x+6 c. x-15 = 2(x+6) d. 2(x-9) = x+6