1. A dishonest dealer professes to sell his goods at cost price, but uses a false weight and thus gains 20%. For a kilogram he uses a weight of
a. 700 g b. 750 g c. 800 g d. 850 g
2. There are some coins and rings of either gold or silver in a box. 60% of the objects are coins, 40% of the rings are of gold and 30% of the coins are of silver. What is the percentage of gold articles?
a. 16 b. 27 c. 58 d. 70
3. In a test, a candidate attempted 10 questions and obtained full marks in all of them. If he obtained 50% in the test and all questions in the test carried equal marks, how many questions were there in the test?
a. 15 b. 18 c. 20 d. 25
4. A candidate attempted 12 questions and secured full marks in all of them. If he obtained 60% in the test and all questions carried equal marks, then what is the number of questions in the test?
a. 36 b. 30 c. 25 d. 20
5. W can do 25% of a work in 30 days, X can do ¼ of the work in 10 days. Y can do 40% of the work in 40 days and Z can do 1/3 of the work in 13 days. Who will complete the work fast?
a. X b. Y c. Z d. W
6. What is 4% of 40% of 400?
a. 160 b. 64 c. 16 d. 6.4
7. x% of y is y% of:
a. x/100 b. y/100 c. x d. 100x
8. In a test, a student attempted only six questions and having got full marks for each of the questions, secured 40% marks in the test. How many questions did he not attempt?
a. 3 b. 6 c. 9 d. 12
9. A person’s salary was reduced by 20%. By what per cent should the salary be increased in order to obtain his original salary?
a. 15% b. 20% c. 25% d. 30%
10. For the past two years, it is observed that the population of a place is increasing by 10% per year. If the present population is 6171 then the population two years ago was:
a. 4937 b. 5000 c. 5554 d. 5100
11. In an examination, there are three subjects A, B and C. A student has to pass in each subject. 20% students failed in A, 22% students failed in B and 16% failed in C. the total number of students passing the whole examination lies between
a. 42% and 84% b. 42% and 78% c. 58% and 78% d. 58% and 84%
12. In a test attempted only 15 questions and secured full marks in all of them. If he obtained 60% marks in the test and all the questions in the test carried equal marks, the number of questions in the test is:
a. 20 b. 25 c. 27 d. 30