1. What would be the printed price of a watch purchased at Rs. 380, so that after giving 5% discount, there is 25% profit?
a. Rs. 400 b. Rs. 450 c. Rs. 500 d. Rs. 600
2. A person A sells a table costing Rs. 2000 to a person B and earns a profit of 6%. The person B sells it to another person C at a loss of 5%. At what price did B sell the table?
a. Rs. 2054 b. Rs. 2050 c. Rs. 2024 d. Rs. 2014
3. A man bought a number of oranges at 3 for a rupee and an equal number at 2 for a rupee. At what price per dozen, should he sell them to make a profit of 20%?
a. Rs. 4 b. Rs. 5 c. Rs. 6 d. Rs. 7
4. One saree was purchased for Rs. 564 after getting a discount of 6% and another saree was purchased for Rs. 396 after getting a discount of 1%. Taking both the items as a single transaction, what is the percentage of discount?
a. 3.5 b. 4 c. 7 d. 7.5
5. A fruit seller buys lemons at 2 for a rupee and sells them at 5 for three rupees. What is his gain percent?
a. 10% b. 15% c. 20% d. 25%
6. A man sold two watches, each for Rs. 495. If he gained 10% on one watch and suffered a loss of 10% on the other, then what is the loss or gain percentage in the transaction?
a. 1% gain b. 1% loss c. 100/99% loss d. Non gain no loss
7. A man bought 20 dozen eggs for Rs. 720. What should be the selling price of each egg if he wants to make a profit of 20%.
a. Rs. 3.25 b. Rs. 3.30 c. Rs. 3.50 d. Rs. 3.60
8. Ram on selling 33 chairs of wood obtains a profit equal to the selling price of 11 chairs of wood. What is his profit percentage?
a. 48% b. 49% c. 50% d. None of the above
9. A person bought 110 glass bowls at a rate of Rs. 10 per bowl. He sold 100 of them at Rs. 14 and the remaining broke. What is the percentage gain for A?
A. 40 b. 300/11 c. 243/7 d. 279/11
10. Difference between the selling price of an article at a profit of 15% and at a profit of 10% is Rs. 10. The cost price (in Rs.) of the article is
a. 100 b. 120 c. 150 d. 200
11. The selling price of an article is Rs. 1920 and the discount given is 4%. The marked price of the article is
a. Rs. 2400 b. Rs. 2000 c. Rs. 1600 d. Rs. 1200
12. The single discount which is equivalent to 25%, 20% and 10% is
a. 55% b. 54% c. 46% d. 45%