Haryana General Knowledge
- Haryana was formed on 1st November, 1966 on linguistic as well as on cultural basis. It was separated from Punjab to become 17th state of India.
- It has an area of 44, 212 km2 (21st rank) which is 1.4% of India’s land area.
- Haryana has six administrative divisions i.e. Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hisar, Rohtak and Karnal.
- It has 22 districts, 73 sub-divisions, 93 revenue tehsils, 50 sub tehsils, 154 cities and towns.
- Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma became the first Chief Minister of Haryana.
- Shri Dharamvir was the first Governor of Haryana.
- State Symbols of Haryana:
- Faridabad is the largest city of Haryana .
- Sirsa is the largest District of Haryana by area while Faridabad is the largest district by population.
- There are 90 (17 reserved for SC) Vidhan Sabha constituencies of Haryana Legislative assembly, 10 (02 reserved for SC) Lok Sabha constituencies and 05 seats in Rajya Sabha.
- The highest point in Haryana is Karoh Peak (1,467 metre) situated in Morni Hill range in Panchkula District.
- Crops in Haryana:
|Rabi crops||Wheat, Pulses, Linseed, Tobacco, Mustard, Rapeseed|
|Kharif crops||Rice, Bajra, Jowar, Maize, Cotton, Jute, Sugarcane, Groundnut, Sesame|
- The Murrah breed from Haryana of buffalo is world famous for its milk production.
- There are two national parks in Haryana:
|Name of National Park||Located in District|
|Sultanpur National Park||Gurugram|
|Kalesar National Park||Yamunanagar|
- List of Wildlife sanctuaries in Haryana:
|Name of Wildlife Sanctuary||Located in District|
|Morni Hills (Khol-Hi-Raitan) Wildlife Sanctuary||Panchkula|
|Nahar Wildlife Sanctuary||Rewari|
|Abubshehar Wildlife Sanctuary||Sirsa|
|Bhindawas Wildlife Sanctuary||Jhajjar|
|Khaparwas Wildlife Sanctuary||Jhajjar|
|Bir Shikargarh Wildlife Sanctuary||Panchkula|
|Chhilchila Wildlife Sanctuary||Kurukshetra|
|Saraswati Wildlife Sanctuary||Kaithal|
|Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary||Faridabad|
- The official language of Haryana is Hindi. Second official language of Haryana is Punjabi.